Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Damn Groundhog

Damn groundhog. Saw his shadow again. If anyone can remember a year in recent history when Puxatony Phil hasn't seen his shadow, can you please comment? He's so adorable, but really. We hold onto this false hope every year. Maybe this is the year... Two more weeks of winter, instead of six? Could we be so lucky?

Winter this year has been unkind. With snow/rain showers starting in late October, then ice in November and December, and snow- endless snow- in December and January. An added insult has been the number of client appointments I've had to cancel because of bad weather. When I don't work, I don't make money. But so it goes. I cannot control the weather (nor should I even attempt to try).

So I curse Phil. But he's so damn cute also. I can't disassociate thing real thing with the one depicted in Caddyshack. Diabolical but so cute!

The sun is out today and it is predicted to be in the upper 30s/low 40s this weekend. For that, I am thankful. But six more weeks? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment